RSS
I am preparing my Master's in Secondary Education and this is a journal about my learning experiences at Iñaqui's lessons. I hope you will enjoy it as much as I am in doing it!!!

Monday 15 October 2012

First impressions


15th October 2012

This was our first session with our teacher, Iñaqui.
Iñaqui is an associated teacher at the University of Alicante. He has a long working experience in European Secondary High Schools and dealing with difficult teenagers. He is the Head Director of the Pedro Herrero’s High School.
He introduced the subject and the method he wanted to use to teach.
He also mentioned, José Antonio the psychologist who works in his High School will be giving us a speech next week as Iñaqui thinks that learning psychology can teach you how to deal with student's conflicts, one of the areas, we will surely experience during our future life as Secondary teachers.  
In this class, Iñaqui's objective is to make us aware of the importance of how do we teach the English we know not how much English we know or learn?
It is important to notice that for some students we will be great English teachers and for others not so good but why do this happens?
We need to adapt our teaching methods to different types of students, intelligences and needs and this is where we raise for the first time Howard's theory of multiple intelligences.
I've heard about this theory for the first time last year and it absolutely makes sense to me. 
In fact, now I understand why I was so good at learning languages (apart from Chinese that one was pretty hard) and not so good at Maths.
We find in our daily life so many different types of intelligent people, my father is an exceptional example of intrapersonal intelligence, my niece, a great in athlete (kinestetic intelligence) but also a great artist like my sister who is a singer. 
Another important point of this subject is how do we implement learning styles using these different and multiple intelligences.

0 comments:

Post a Comment